So I got this recipe from this book:
This is what it says:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
12 chicken legs
1 yellow onion
1 1/2 cups whiskey
4 cups bbq sauce
1 cup peach preserves
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 green onions, thinly sliced
Chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat.
Cook the chicken pieces until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the skillet ans set aside
4. add the onions to the skillet
5. Stir and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until translucent
6. Pour in the whiskey
7. Cook for 3 minutes or so, allowing the whiskey to cook and reduce
8. Grab your favorite bottled bbq sauce
9. and pour it into the pan.
10. add the peach preserves,
and 1/2 cup water to the sauce,
then stir to combine
11. add the chicken back to the pan
12.cover the skillet with a lid or aluminum foil, then place in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
13. By then, the chicken is tender and falling off the bone…
14. Serve the chicken with sauce over the top. Sprinkle with green onions and parsley.