- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ cups Vegetable Shortening (crisco, Etc)
- 10 Tablespoons Milk (whole Milk Is Best)
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 whole Egg
- 10 slices Thick Cut Bacon, Fried And Crumbled
- 1 cup Finely Diced Onion
- 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter, cut in shortening until all combined.
Combine milk, oil, and egg in a separate bowl. Whisk together.
Combine flour mixture, milk mixture, bacon, onions, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Stir gently until all combined.
Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes on 375 degrees until golden Remove from pan and serve warm.