This is the best Mushroom soup I have ever had. I love Mushrooms!
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Small carrot, Finely Minced
- 1 whole Celery Stalk, Finely Minced (I also added 1/2 an onion Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, Crushed And Minced
- 1 pound White Mushrooms, Sliced Thin ( I also added Baby Bella Mushrooms)
- 4 ounces, fluid Chablis White Wine
- 4 ounces, fluid Tomato Juice
- 4 ounces, fluid Chicken Broth
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ¼ cups Water
- 1 pinch Salt And Pepper, to taste
Heat oil, over medium heat, in a large deep pot.
Mince the carrot and celery nice and fine
Too big and the soup will end up chunky. Toss into the pot and allow them to soften while you slice the mushrooms. (Please remember to clean the mushrooms first.
Next, add your garlic, right as the carrots and celery start to cook down.
Add the mushrooms to the pot and allow them to reduce and soften. Pour in the Chablis, and let it cook with the mushrooms for a few minutes.
Add the tomato juice, and the chicken broth. Allow it to boil for about 5 minutes before adding the heavy whipping cream, and bring to a soft boil.
Grate Parmesan and add it to the pot. Let this cook for a few minutes, until the cheese is melted and blended with the soup. Add the cornstarch to 1/4 cup of water, then pour into the soup.
Lower the heat and let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes or so, until thickened. Salt and pepper the soup to your own tastes.