I had left over Cheddar, Jalapeño Brauts leftover and Didn’t really want to throw them away. So I was trying to think of how I could use them…
So I Sautéed them in a skillet to warm them up (I don’t do microwaves) Then I took Wheat bread that we had and cut Bit sized squares and then I topped each piece of bread with Coarse ground Mustard then I cut the Bratwurst into bite size pieces and put it over the must and then put a little squirt of plain yellow mustard and a slice of Serrano pepper. Hold it all together with a toothpick.
Tastes just like a bratwurst on a bun…
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
1. Mix together salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, and cinnamon in a bowl. Coat pork with the spice mixture. Place the bay leaves in the bottom of a slow cooker and place the pork on top. Pour the chicken broth around the sides of the pork, being careful not to rinse off the spice mixture. (I marinated my pork in the spices for a day and then I sautéed it in a cast iron skillet to sear off the meat before putting it in the slow cooker)
2. Cover and cook on Low until the pork shreds easily with a fork, about 10 hours. Turn the meat after it has cooked for 5 hours. When the pork is tender, remove from slow cooker, and shred with two forks. Use cooking liquid as needed to moisten the meat.