- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, chilled
- 2 tablespoons shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 center-cut bacon slice, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
Preheat oven to 425°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add green onions to pan, and cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Place mashed potatoes in a medium bowl. Stir in onions, cheese, salt, pepper, and bacon. Divide potato mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Place panko in a shallow dish. Dredge patties in panko. Place patties on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Carefully turn patties over; bake an additional 12 minutes or until golden.