I used to hate canned tuna! Thought it tasted so nasty and thought the smell was even more nasty! Then I grew up and got over it! Tuna is pretty good for you, 10 grams of protein! I should eat it after I workout! Course all the stuff I add to it probably isn’t good for you either! oh well makes it taste good! So that’s all that matters!
- 2 (7 ounce) cans solid white tuna (squeeze out excess moisture with hands)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 small stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise (can use full-fat mayonnaise)
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish (optional or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (can use fresh ground black pepper)
- seasoning salt (to taste or use white salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder (optional)
- 2 -3 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 -6 bread, slices
- lettuce leaf
- tomato, slices
1 Drain the tuna then hand-squeeze out any excess moisture; place in a bowl then flake with a fork.
2 Add in all remaining ingredients up to the Tabasco sauce; mix until well combined, adjusting all seasonings to suit taste.
3 Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours (more is even better!).
4 Divide onto bread slices with lettuce leaves and slices tomatoes.