For my mom’s birthday back in January we went to Maggiano’s for dinner and one of the appetizers we got was Crispy Zucchini Fritte with Aioli Lemon Cream Sauce, best Zucchini appetizer I have ever had! So I went online and wanted to see if I could find the recipe or something like it. It look so good when they brought it out that I took a picture:
Here’s a picture of what mine looks like:
Maggiano’s Fried Zucchini
- 1-2 zucchini
- ½ quart seasoned flour
- ½ quart corn starch
- 2 ½ cups soda water
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- japanese Panko breadcrumbs
1. Wash and remove stems of zucchini.
2. Cut zucchini in 6 strips.
3. Make batter: measure soda water in bowl; combine dry ingredients and incorporate with whisk. Should be like thin pancake batter.
4. Dip each slice in batter and allow to drip off slice.
6. Carefully place on tray to wait for frying. Do not overlap.
7. Fry breaded strips in 350 degree oil until crisp and golden; drain on napkin lined with paper towel.
9. Serve with Lemon Sauce
Then for the lemon sauce I found it on another site:
recipe (you’ll have to scroll down to find it on the site)
Lemon Aioli Recipe
¾ cup mayonnaise (Kraft or Hellman’s works best. No Miracle Whip – it’s too sweet!)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tbsp dried parsley)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard (plus a little extra as desired)
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional to thin sauce)
Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne and mustard with a whisk.
Let chill for an hour or so to soak up flavors of seasoning.
Add olive oil as desired to thin sauce if desired.