One Year ago: Flank Steak with caramelized onions and balsamic glaze
1lb 6oz large waxy potatoes (like Yukon Gold), peeled
1 large leek, trimmed
5-6 tbsp olive oil
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp plain flour
salt and pepper
1. Leave the potatoes whole and boil for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, finely slice the leek
and wash to remove any grit.
Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan,
add the drained leek and cook 2-3 minutes to soften, turn into a large bowl.
3. Drain the potatoes, rinse in cold water and drain again. Coarsely grate into the bowl,
being careful with your fingers. Add the flour and toss with the leeks.
4. Add the egg and seasoning,
and mix well.
5. Re-heat the frying pan, add 3 tablespoons of the oil, then drop tablespoons of the potato mixture into the pan, flattening to even rounds.
Cook over a moderate heat for 4-5 minutes until the underside is deep golden brown, carefully turn the rosti and cook again until browned.
Lift out of the pan and keep warm while cooking the rest of the mixture, adding more olive oil as needed.
Dinner is served!