I LOVE Fried Mushrooms!
8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, wiped clean (I cut my mushrooms in half)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cajun/creole seasoning, to taste
1 cup water
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, wiped clean (I cut my mushrooms in half)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cajun/creole seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Mix flour, cornstarch,
- baking powder and salt
- and Cajun/creole Seasoning in a bowl.
- Add water to make a batter.
- Dip clean mushroom into batter
- letting excess batter drip off.
- I followed the advice the recipe calls for and stuck a toothpick into the mushroom to dip it.
- After dipping into batter roll in Panko breadcrumbs to coat.
- Deep fry in oil until golden.
- Drain on paper towels
- I served mine with ranch