Got the idea for these pancakes from The Pioneer Woman. She calls hers Edna Mae’s Sour Cream Pancakes. I decided to be a little bit more healthy and use Greek yogurt for mine.
I got this recipe from her 1st cookbook: (You can also find this recipe on her blog)
She signed my book too…
(she loved my hair)
(I’ve shared this with you all before, but I wanted to again) She inspires me! Check out some of the recipes I have made of hers here
Now it’s time for a new recipe of hers for you, now:
Butter, For Frying And Serving
Warm Syrup, For Serving
with the dry ingredients
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 7 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Butter, For Frying And Serving
- Warm Syrup, For Serving
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt with the dry ingredients until just barely combined (don’t over mix.) Whisk in the egg mixture until just combined.
- Heat a medium size pan on medium-low heat and melt some butter in the pan.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup servings onto the pan. Cook on the first side until bubbles start to form on the surface and edges are starting to brown. Flip to the other side and cook for another minute.
- (Pancakes will be a little on the soft side.)
- Serve with butter and syrup.