Then line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
seal the bag and mix the cinnamon and sugar really well
Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 6 Medium flour tortillas, each cut into 4 wedges
- Heat oil in a large deep, pot over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking 10 minutes.
- Then line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Once oil is hot, add 2-3 tortilla wedges,
- fry until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chips to the plate lined with paper towels and let cool for a minute
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a freezer bag
- seal the bag and mix the cinnamon and sugar really well
- then drop a 1-2 tortilla wedges in the bag at a time,
- seal the bag again and coat the tortillas with the cinnamon and sugar, being careful to not break them.
- I also recommend doing this over the kitchen sink, in case any of the cinnamon sugar leaks out
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place in a bowl and serve.