Got the recipe from here
6 cups dark sweet, pitted cherries
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup water
4 teaspoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 6 cups dark sweet, pitted cherries
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a saucepan combine cherries, sugar, water and cornstarch and cook, stirring until bubbling and thickened.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until it is crumbly.
- Mix together egg and milk.
- Add to flour mixture and stir with a fork just until combined.
- Drop topping by tablespoonfuls onto filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes until browned and bubbly.