When I make a whole chicken Normy and I usually eat the drumsticks and then save the breasts for leftovers the next day for lunch. So I wanted to get creative this time and I made us a whole chicken the night before for dinner and then decided to make chicken salad with the left over chicken breasts for lunch the next day. Just made this recipe up. The salad made enough for 2 sandwiches, you could probably make 3-4 with it, but I loaded it on. So it was enough for 2 for us.
taste for seasonings, and adjust if you need to.
grab 4 slices of bread and toast them. You don’t have to toast them, but I think it tastes better.
- So I used:
- Creole Seasoning
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- grainy mustard
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- red onion
- Salt & Pepper
- The juice of one lemon
- Franks Red Hot
- So grab the chicken breasts and place them on a cutting board
- cut the chicken breast into bite size chunks
- Place chicken in a medium bowl, set aside
- next grab the celery and wash it and cut the ends off a little, Then cut the celery into thin strips, not quite julienne.
- Then dice the celery
- Then dice up 1/2 a red onion
- add the celery and onions to the chicken
- add 1/2 tsp dill and salt
- season with creole seasoning about 1/2 a tsp
- the juice of one lemon
- add in 1/4 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- add in a tsp of the grainy mustard
- add a few dashes of the franks red-hot, more for extra heat.
- Add in about 1/2 a cup of mayonnaise
- mix everything together, make sure everything is mixed in really well
- taste for seasonings, and adjust if you need to.
- grab 4 slices of bread and toast them. You don’t have to toast them, but I think it tastes better.
- Add desired amount of chicken salad to slices of bread and put the two slices together with the chicken salad smooshed in between and slice the sandwich in half.