So back in August (yes I know I am so far behind on my postings) I wanted to make my good, great, awesome friend Stacey dinner for her birthday. So I emailed her and asked her what she wanted for her dinner…Stacey is a busy lady and she lives 90 miles from me so we don’t get to see each other often and I have never cooked her a Jamie meal, so I wanted to cook her and her hubby and kids a nice meal of things she liked. So I asked her and this is what she requested: fried catfish, with hush puppies, watermelon and salad with REAL ranch dressing, not the bottled stuff or packet stuff…OK you got it…
So I decided on The pioneer woman’s ranch dressing because I LOVE the Pioneer woman
I doubled this recipe as I LOVE ranch and I was cooking for 7 of us and I wanted leftover ranch for a salad for myself for the next couple of nights with dinner. Because (again) I LOVE ranch).
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
Salt, To Taste
1/4 cup Italian Flat-leaf Parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives, minced
1 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Sour Cream
Buttermilk (as Needed To Desired Consistency)
White Vinegar (about 2 tablespoons)
Worcestershire Sauce, (few dashes)
Fresh Dill (I did about 1/3 a cup)
Cayenne Pepper (I did a teaspoon)
Paprika (I did a teaspoon)
dried Oregano (I did a teaspoon)
Tabasco (5-6 dashes)
and set aside
Mix everything together with a whisk and mix really well.
I let the dressing chill most of the day, while I cooked everything else, tasting it to make sure I got the seasoning right!
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- Salt, To Taste
- 1/4 cup Italian Flat-leaf Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives, minced
- 1 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Buttermilk (as Needed To Desired Consistency)
- White Vinegar (about 2 tablespoons)
- Worcestershire Sauce, (few dashes)
- Fresh Dill (I did about 1/3 a cup)
- Cayenne Pepper (I did a teaspoon)
- Paprika (I did a teaspoon)
- Fresh Oregano (I did a teaspoon)
- Tabasco (5-6 dashes)
- Mince the garlic
- then sprinkle about an 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon of salt on it
- and mash it into a paste with a fork.
- Then Chop the parsley, chives Dill, finely
- and set aside
- In a bowl combine the Mayonnaise, Sour cream and buttermilk
- Vinegar (I added in 2 tablespoons)
- few dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (Stacey likes things spicy, so I kept that in mind)
- Paprika (about 1 teaspoon)
- Dried Oregano (about 1 teaspoon)
- 5-6 dashes of Tabasco
- I also added in about a teaspoon of garlic salt
- (and of course) I also added in about a teaspoon of creole seasoning
- Mix everything together with a whisk and mix really well.
- I tasted mine several times for flavoring
- then I added in the garlic I smashed up earlier and all the fresh herbs as well
- I decided to bust out my electric hand blender to make sure all the herbs were nice and chopped up finely, I didn’t want someone to get a big chunk of dill or parsley
- I blended the dressing really well
- then tasted it for seasonings again, add in more of what it was missing, if it’s not missing anything, then leave it as is! Mine was perfect!
- I let the dressing chill most of the day, while I cooked everything else, tasting it to make sure I got the seasoning right!